If you are having trouble accessing your door and the SwiftReader gives you a message stating "Unlock Action Failed", there is an issue with the door controller.
Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot:
- First thing you want to do will be to check that the door controller is connected to the power supply and the Power led light is solid RED. (skip to #4 if it is solid RED)
- If the Power led Light is not RED, be sure that the Power switch is turned "ON".
- If the Power switch is "ON" then it could be your Power Supply is down. You may want to unplug and replug to see if you can get some power. Your electrician/installer will need to see if there is power supplying the power source.
- Check the Status led light on the board and make sure it is GREEN, indicating there is connectivity. (skip to #6 if the Status led light is GREEN)
- If the Status light is NOT green, then blinking blue means it is searching for network connectivity and solid blue means it is connected to a network source but something could be blocking communication. You may need to contact your network provider as the internet may be down or blocking the connection of our hardware.
- If after attempting all the previous steps, a power cycle will be required. Turn the Power switch to off and wait 20 seconds before turning the switch back on. This should get the door controller back online.
REMEMBER: you want the Power led light to be solid RED and the Status led light as GREEN.
Here is an overview of our Door Controller Board.
You can always check the Status of your Door Controller within your Admin Dashboard by going to Hardware>Door Controller.