When your access control (Swiftlane reader) goes down and you’re not able to get access, here are a few troubleshooting tips.
- The first thing to look for is making sure that the internet in the building is on and running smooth. This will affect the connectivity of the SwiftReader (iPhone). If the internet is down, troubleshoot the router to get your network back up and running OR work with your Internet Provider.
- If the internet is running fine, the next step would be to look for the POE switch. This would most likely be located in the IT room. Make sure the POE switch has power and has connectivity. If the port is solid orange then that means connectivity block. If it is not connected, conduct a power cycle to see if it reconnects to the network.
- If the POE switch is working appropriately, then inspect the Ethernet Cable. Make sure the ETH cable is connected appropriately to the POE switch and the Belkin. Check the ETH cable to make sure it is good. If not switch ETH cable(s).
- If the ETH cable is connected correctly on both ends, inspect the Belkin adapter. Make sure there is a green light, indicating that it's online and there's connectivity.
- Lastly, if all else fails doing a hard reboot on the SwiftReader (iPhone) can get it back online and connected. iPhone Hard Reboot instructions: https://support.swiftlane.com/hc/en-us/articles/4410165951501. If rebooting the phone does not work it can most likely be due to the Belkin adapter no longer functioning at which point it should be replaced.
If all else fails please call us at support: 505-657-9438 or email us at: email@example.com