Swiftlane OKTA integration support bulk import of users and groups, from OKTA into Swiftlane. Swiftlane then maps OKTA groups to Swiftlane groups, so that you can control physical access to your building simply by enrolling users in the correct OKTA user group.
How does this integration work?
Swiftlane + Okta integration allows bulk user import from Okta to Swiftlane. Admin access to both systems is required to complete the integration.
- Login to your OKTA portal and go to Admin
- Go to Applications
- Click Add Application
- Search and Install the Swiftlane application
- Go to the General Settings Tab for the Swiftlane Application
Take note of your client id and secret that you would need in order to setup Swiftlane integration
Enable OKTA integration
- Login to the Swiftlane admin dashboard at https://admin.swiftlane.com
- Go to
- Click the
Installbutton on the Okta integration card.
- Fill in your Okta domain and client ID information and click the
- Map Okta groups to Swiftlane user groups. Swiftlane groups grant access to doors and you can assign more than one Swiftlane group for each Okta group. All users from Okta will be imported. Swiftlane will create groups with the same name as in Okta if you don't select Swiftlane groups for mapping.
Nextonce user group mapping is completed.
A confirmation popup will appear.
Send email invite to each usercheckbox controls whether Swiftlane will send an email invite to each user that you import. Click the
Import users & groupsbutton to start the importing process.
- Confirmation popup will show the number of imported users.
Re-import users again
After integration is enabled, you can import users again any time by going to Integrations → Okta → Configure and perform the above process again.
- Go to
- Click on the
Uninstallbutton in the integration card
- If user or user group was already imported or created before, the system will ignore such imports and won't override them.
For any issues or questions, please reach out to Swiftlane support via the website contact forms, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org